Getting Vee home as brought to sharp focus what areas I wasn’t as prepared in for her arrival–one of them being that she didn’t have any pants to go with her tops and sweaters, so I sewed up a very simple pair of pants for her. A tutorial will follow sometime in the next few days.
Also, in my quest for higher photo quality, I closed the blinds and gave myself some more control over my lighting than I have had in the past, and was quite pleased with the results (though I still have a long way to go). I’m also very happy I decided to pay the extra money to get her sleeping/closed-eye faceplate.
I’ve heard some BJD (Ball-Jointed Doll) owners say they have trouble connecting with their dolls while they’re still blank, but I find something really beautiful about them in the basic state, similar to a statue or sculpture.